News & Important Dates

How to advise HMRC of new self-employed status

If you start working for yourself or set up a new business (become Self-Employed) and, you earn more than £1,000 in the tax year you will need to register with HMRC . You must register no later than 5th October after the end of the tax year in which you commence your business otherwise you may be fined – please see attached for more information Register if you’re self-employed - GOV.UK  

You may need to register and file returns for other taxes sooner (e.g. VAT, PAYE etc) depending on the amount of your turnover and if you employ people etc. 

Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you enjoyed this article and would like to hear more from us, then please sign up to our mailing list.

If you have any queries relating to this article or if this article has made you question something within your own circumstances - please do not hesistate to contact us.


Speak to the friendly experts